About the Company:
SharesPost helped launch the private market in 2009 and continues to lead and innovate in the space. Based in Silicon Valley, SharesPost is an SEC-registered broker-dealer, investment advisor and Alternative Trading System. SharesPost has also built the largest and most active platform for data, analysis and transactions. With more than $4 billion in closed transactions for more than 200 leading technology companies, SharesPost provides shareholders and buyers with the expertise and tools they need to transact in the private market with confidence.
555 Montgomery St., Ste. 1400
San Francisco, CA 94111
We are looking for a candidate interested in expanding their human resource skillset, working in an entrepreneurial environment, and being a significant contributor to a growing FinTech company.
Based in San Francisco, you will assist the CFO with all components of HR responsibilities including internal reporting requirements. At SharesPost, you’ll see all aspects of the business - which includes a SEC registered / FINRA member broker-dealer, a SEC registered investment advisor and a California finance lender.
It’s a dynamic environment – one where each member is required to perform tasks as needed in order to drive the company towards its short and long-term initiatives. As such, the candidate must be enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and the challenge of taking on new assignments and special projects.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage Payroll including payroll approval, compensation changes, payroll questions, and multi-state compliance
- Conduct annual salary surveys
- Liaison between Company and Sequoia, PEO (Professional Employee Organization)
- Onboarding and Orientation/Offboarding
- Manage Benefits, including open Enrollment/ benefit surveys/benefit questions
- Monitoring and Implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements
- Manage Employee Relations including maternity leave, disability, workers comp, harassment, other employee matters, hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors
- Recommend changes to any existing benefits/plans/or other HR policies & procedures
- Oversee Fun Committee/ Office Events
- Oversee Recruiting
- Assist with job descriptions and requirements
- Offer Letters/ Reference checks
- Track to hiring plan
- Programs to attract, motivate, and retain qualified talent
- Oversee Employee Handbook
- Maintain company directory and organizational charts
- Oversee/Track Performance Review Cycles
- Foster teamwork, training & coaching staff members
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree
- Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in human resources
- Experience with International Payroll Issues a plus
- Ability to multi-task and adaptable to changing and dynamic situations
- Understanding of all aspects of human resources
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organization skills; candidates must be very detail oriented
- Independent thinker and self-starter with the motivation to learn about and excel in a growing industry
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
Why Position is Open:
Newly created role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re interested in helping us build a great company in the fast-growing private capital market, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.