Position: Senior Software Developer
Location: San Francisco, California
SharesPost is looking for an experienced web developer to help build a platform that empowers the investors and employees of privately funded companies. The platform is a Rails 4.2 (almost 5!) application that is currently being developed by our technology partner Carbon Five. This role would be the first internal developer role at the company and is a great opportunity to step into the ownership role of a well-built codebase and make key architectural decisions.
What you can look forward to in this role:
- Interface with key stakeholders to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Work closely with product management to identify, define and build useful features for SharesPost users
- Add features and maintain a non-trivial Rails code-base that follows Ruby/Rails best-practices
- Work alongside Thoughtbot developers and designers as you get up to speed
What you would bring to this role:
- 3-5 years of experience with Ruby and web development
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (preferably PostgresSQL)
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with continuous integration, unit/integration/performance testing
- Enthusiasm for building great, user-friendly software
SharesPost helped launch the private market in 2009 and continues to lead and innovate in the space. Based in Silicon Valley, the SharesPost family of companies includes an SEC-registered broker-dealer, investment advisor and Alternative Trading System. SharesPost has also built the largest and most active platform for data, analysis and transactions. With more than $2 billion in closed transactions for more than 150 leading technology companies, SharesPost provides shareholders and buyers with the expertise and tools they need to transact in the private market with confidence. For more information, please visit www.sharespost.com.
In your application, please include a code sample that you’re proud of, a resume, and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested in this role!
If you’re interested in helping us build a great company in the fast-growing private capital market, please email email@example.com.