Position: Vice President, Portfolio Manager
Reporting: President, SP Investments Management LLC
Location: San Francisco, California
SharesPost’s mission is to create efficient, scalable liquidity for the private market. This position on our Portfolio Management Team offers a unique opportunity to be a key part of scaling a high profile, fintech company while further developing expertise, relationships and credentials as an investor in private growth companies.
Rated by Pitchbook as among the five most active late-stage venture investors, SP Investments Management is SharesPost’s registered investment advisor subsidiary. As the investment advisor to the SharesPost100 Fund (PRIVX), the SharesPost Special Opportunities Fund, separately managed accounts and other SharesPost investment products, SP Investments focuses on the private growth asset class. Our portfolio management team selects investments from both substantial direct deal flow as a shareholder and liquidity provider to a growing number of leading technology companies and the more than $4B worth of secondary inventory available from SharesPost’s broker dealer. In pricing investments, the portfolio management team leverages its own proprietary data and analysis as well as research from SharesPost’s research group.
- Identify and analyze investment opportunities in leading private growth companies for the SharesPost 100 Fund and SharesPost’s other investment vehicles and products
- Articulate the Portfolio Management Team’s analysis and investment thesis with investors in SharesPost’s funds
- Work with investment team to value portfolio companies utilizing the SharesPost 100 Fund’s valuation methodology
- Represent SharesPost in interactions with senior management of portfolio companies
- Work with the SharesPost product and technology teams to create efficiencies for investment products
- Evangelize SharesPost in the technology community at industry conferences and networking events
- Generally bring passion to the business of advising our clients and deploying their capital
- Experience collaborating with other investment professionals as a team
- 5-7 years or more experience investing in venture-backed, private companies, preferably as part of a general partner or investment advisor to a fund
- Experience valuing private growth companies using different valuation methodologies
- Experience in interpreting preferred stock financing term sheets of venture-backed, private companies
- Experience analyzing venture-backed company certificates of incorporation, capital structures and waterfalls
- Experience structuring secondary transactions, including pricing, negotiating and closing deals
- Experience discussing investments with institutional and sophisticated family office clients
- Experience interacting with senior management of private technology companies
- Experience working in a growing private company
- Highly motivated individual driven to deliver excellence in all work product
- Highly adaptive and flexible in the face of dynamic, demanding work environmentEnthusiastic about supporting team members and contributing to their success
- Understanding of how to interact with team members in a way that drives team achievement
- Focused on the success of the organization as much or more than individual recognition
- An effective communicator able to articulate complex ideas verbally and in writing
SharesPost helped launch the private tech growth market in 2009 and has built the leading platform for secondary transactions and Initial Coin Offerings pursuant to Reg. D. SharesPost provides the private tech asset category with a suite of trading and lending solutions to facilitate shareholder and option holder liquidity. With nearly $4 billion in secondary market transactions for more than 200 leading technology companies, SharesPost provides the trading, research and online tools to transact in the private market with confidence. SharesPost is an SEC-registered broker-dealer, investment advisor and an approved Alternative Trading System. For information, visit sharespost.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re interested in helping us build a great company in the fast-growing private capital market, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.